FORD FARM CONSULTATION
Over 60 people joined the online community consultation on the 8th of April at 7:30, this included 4 representatives form the Parish Council, Graham, Nita, and Paula (planning sub-committee) and Adrian. Two of our 3 District Councillors Ed and Andy also joined the consultation. We urge anyone who has not already done so to make their comments via the consultation website www.fordfarmconsultation.co.uk or via email email@example.com by the 16th April.
The Parish council will continue to consult with the developer and Crest Nicholson to ensure the views of the Parishioners are heard, respected, and represented throughout the planning and development process.
We will post regular updates and any planned meetings on the Norton Facebook page and the Parish Council website.
The primary concerns and questions raised on the 8th were as follows,
- Exacerbation of flooding on site and affecting existing properties and downstream
- The height of properties within the development
- Play areas and green spaces
- The 106 or CIL monies from the development
- Parking and traffic including obstruction on the bypass due to parking and access to the new road
- Community facilities such as a pub or café/meeting place
- Loss of green space
- Difficulty in acquiring home insurance due to the flood risk
For those needing to get to Taunton Racecourse for vaccination and do not drive a shuttle service is available - please see timetable below.
NEW SIGN FOR GREAT WESTERN WAY
A new sign has been purchased for Great Western Way which will welcome new residents into the village.